Thursday, October 28, 2010

Faithful God

Right now, I'm reading through the Bible.  Honestly, it's one of the best things I've ever done.  The Lord is so faithful to fill me to the brim with His joy.  It's amazing how in the darkest times, when the world seems to be crashing down all around me, the Joy of the Lord is my strength.  Joy is something that is deeply rooted in who we are a Christians--it's something that remains through all circumstances.  Why?  Because we serve a Risen Lord who does not grow tired and weary.  We serve a God who sympathizes with us and whom suffering is not foreign to.  It just brings a smile to my face--I hope it does to yours.

So today, I was reading through 2 Timothy, and I came across a verse that I've never noticed before:

"Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with him, we will also live with him;
if we endure, we will also reign with him.
If we disown him, he will also disown us;
if we are faithless he will remain faithful,
for he cannot disown himself."
~2 Timothy 2:11-13

Does that just strike you as incredible???  The first three things are things that have a directly proportional relationship.  If we do one thing, God replicates it.  If we exhibit certain behaviors, our reward/consequence is in direct relation to our actions...until it comes to faith.  This verse says that if we are faithless, God remains faithful.  Have you ever been at a place in your life where faith was hard to come by?  Some people have the gift of faith--believing and trusting come easily for them.  For me, faith is something that does not come naturally.  I tend to worry about the smallest details, and stress about what is to come.  I tend to doubt God's ability to come through, and sometimes even expect that He won't.  It's really an expression of my pride--believing that I have a better solution than the Creator of the universe...crazy huh?

And then I read this verse, and I am reminded that even in those moments, God remains.  He remains my Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  My Deliverer, my Rock, my Redeemer.  God is faithful to who He is.  He cannot change, He endures forever.  And in those moments when my faith is small, He still sees me as His child, and claims me as His own.  Isn't that amazing?

I want to remind you today, that when your faith is small, God remains.  He is not dependent on our beliefs to exist in all His splendor.  So today, as you go about your normal routine, I pray that you don't lose sight of our Faithful God.  In fact, I pray that this God that we worship would be at the forefront of every decision, every word, every action that we make.  And as we strive to have faith in our God, I pray that He is glorified above all.  
Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment