Saturday, October 23, 2010

Prayer

So...I've been busy.  Yup.  That pretty much sums up my life for the past three weeks and the next three weeks!  I have not had any time to post, which makes me sad...I haven't posted in so long 1. I forgot my password and it wouldn't let me log in, and 2. I forgot which email address is connected to my account (home or school).  That tells you a lot because, quite frankly, I have a fantastic memory.  Ugh.

Anyways, I don't really have anything profound to say.  I'm kinda at a loss for words.  The only thing I can think to do is to ask you to be praying for lots of people in my life.  You know when you care for someone so much that your heart is just so heavy because theirs is heavy?  Yeah, that's how I'm feeling.  I have countless people in my life that just need prayer--for comfort, for the Lord's presence to be made known, for peace that surpasses all understanding, for trust in the Lord's faithfulness.  And to be honest, you could pray those things for me too, because I find myself wondering "Why God?" in many circumstances.  But I'm trusting that His plan is sovereign.

I can't really give names, but I'll make a general list of prayer requests:
-For one of my best friends who is wondering if life is really worth living
-For provision for an amazing family of seven whose house burnt down 2 weeks ago
-For my best friend, who is looking at the next two weeks wondering how everything is going to get done
-For my dad who is traveling to Saudi Arabia for 2 weeks [minimum] for business
-For my uncle who is recovering from back surgery and still continues to fight bone cancer
-For [multiple] friends who are struggling to break the chains of various addictions
-For [multiple] friends who are working on trusting the Lord for financial provision
-For patience for all of them and me, as we wait on the LORD and trust in His faithfulness

That's the list for now.  God is faithful.  He answers prayers in His timing.  He is close to the brokenhearted and fights for the poor in spirit.  And above all, He is good.

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope.  With less of you, there's more of God and His rule."
~Matthew 5:3 The Message

0 comments:

Post a Comment