Saturday, March 3, 2012

Soul care.

This week has just been on of those weeks.  One of those weeks where everything seems to be packedtogetherthistight and there's not room for anything beyond the necessities.  I feel like I'm just trying to keep my head above water--just trying to endure the waves and wait for calm seas again.

This week has included many events that have given me a run for my money:
-Sending out support letters to fundraise for Brazil
-Trying to get sleep even though my body has decided to stop sleeping through the night
-Turning in my "Intent to Graduate" forms
-Finding housing for next year (eek.)
-Having to fight feeling inadequate, overwhelmed, happy, sad, frustrated, humbled, angry, isolated and even depressed
-Choosing to trust the Lord even when I feel this way
-Being a student (papers, student teaching/service learning, projects, tests)

It's times like this when I just want to run far, far away.  To get away from life.  I yearn to be home with my family.  I miss my mom's hugs, my Dad's talks with me and my brothers' laughter.  I just keep waiting for my spirit to find rest.

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  Matthew 11: 28-30


So for now, I will seek the Lord with all my heart.
He promises that when I do, I will find rest.
But more importantly, I will find Him.
And He is more than enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment