Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Finally!

Wow! The last time I posted, it was one day before school got out! That was four months ago...I'd say I have a lot of blogging to do! It is now ONE DAY before school starts! That's right! TOMORROW, I begin my second year at Azusa Pacific University. It's amazing how incredibly fast the LORD has brought me through this summer, and has launched me into this school year.

SO...what does this school year hold for me?
I get to start all of my Teacher Education classes this year! Tomorrow, I get to actually be in the classroom with teachers and students as a part of my service learning here at APU. What a blessing it will be to enjoy the learning and laughter of little ones this semester. Children are truly a blessing from the LORD.

I will also be a D-group leader here on campus! This means I get to lead a group of Freshman girls in a Bible study and accountability group once a week. I know that God has already chosen who He will have in my group, and I am so excited to meet these girls who I have been praying for all summer long!

This is also my first time EVER living in an APARTMENT!!! I am so excited to have my own space, and a living room that is separate from my bedroom space! Hahaha. On that topic, I have the most amazing roommates this year! All four of us lived on the same hall last year in Adams. They are a most amazing blessing and encouragement to me. My prayer is that I would be the same to them. Oh..and my absolute favorite part about the apartment is definitely the KITCHENNNNN!!!! I have pretty much lived in the kitchen since we moved in. Tonight's dinner: Spaghetti pie, garlic bread, salad and chocolate chip cookies for dinner!!! We are having people over to share a meal with us! Can't wait :)

Well, that's all I can think of right now. I miss my family already! I am so blessed to be here at APU for this season in life. I can't wait to see what the LORD will do this year. It reminds me of Moses--how he felt so inadequate for the job that Yahweh had set before him. And God made Moses into one of the most amazing examples in Scripture. Right now, I feel so unworthy to be here at an incredible university who uplifts His name above all. I know God has great plans ahead. Most of all, I'm eager to see His name lifted high in my life and in the lives of others around me.

The Lord is most praiseworthy:
"Priase the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary,
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
Praise him with the harp and lyres,
Praise him with tambourine and dancing,
Praise him with the strings and flute,
Praise him with the clash of cymblas,
Prase him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD."
~Psalm 150

0 comments:

Post a Comment