Friday, September 10, 2010

Refining fire

Well, praise the Lord! The first (two) days of school were great! I love my profs and I'm really looking forward to studying the subjects of each of my classes. I have everything from philosophy, to history, to learning how to teach. I'm so thankful to be getting an education that is Christ-centered. In every single one of my classes we began by praying and dedicating this academic semester to the Sovereign Lord Jesus Christ. What an amazing way to begin this school year!!!

That said, God has really been working in my heart on a lot of other issues. It's amazing how being refined really hurts sometimes. So often we, as Chirst-followers, say that we want to be refined, but are not willing to suffer the cost. Goodness gracious! If I were God, I would be shaking my head wondering, "Do the really want it? Are they really ready for this?" Someone showed me this video a while back, and it is so encouraging to me. It's hard to watch, because I'm guilty of much of this attitude, but such an amazing reminder of God's character, and His love for His children. (It's a little longer, but it's SO worth watching)



I've found myself rejoicing in God's goodness this week and praising Him for His faithfulness. I've found myself on my knees begging for comfort. I've found myself facedown before my Creator humbled by His grace. Sometimes I think I have it so bad. Sometimes I think "Why me???" But I am reminded always of this song--an amazing testament of a true follower of Christ.



I hope that you have been encouraged and challenged. I hope you do not allow the hurt of this world to trump the grace, peace and Lordship of Jesus Christ in your life. We serve an awesome, powerful, most Holy God. And His name is worthy of all our praise.

Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment