Monday, April 25, 2011

Pick-me-up Monday: amazing grace.

I feel like since I took a break from blogging yesterday, I can tell you about Easter, being that it certainly falls under the category of "pick me up."

Yesterday was resurrection Sunday!  It is my most favorite holiday of the year!  As I celebrate the resurrection of my Lord, I am reminded of my utter dependence on him.  Without him, I have nothing.  With him, I have everything I need for life abundant...especially grace.

At church, Pastor Jeff spoke on grace, a message I so desperately needed to hear.   The grace of Jesus Christ can cover any sin a million times over.  WOW!!  Isn't that incredible?!

Yesterday was also my twentieth birthday.  I'm not a huge fan of birthdays, so I had expected this one to be the usual--me being put in front of a group of people only to hear an awful rendition of the "happy birthday song" and feel overly embarrassed.  To my surprise, there was no "happy birthday song" at all yesterday.  Instead, we spent our time focussed on Easter and the saving work done on a cross so many years ago.  

My birthday could not have been better!  I spent it in awe of the very One who gave me life...the One who continues to give me life.  Not only that, but I was reminded of the greatest gift that anyone could ever give--amazing grace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment