Friday, September 9, 2011

Blessings.

This week has been one of the most insane weeks of my entire life.  The Lord has really forced me to lean on Him for strength, and I'm praising Him for that.  I'd love to share with you some of the many blessings in my life this week:
1. I have been able to meet all of my residents even in the craziness of this first week of school.
2. I have had some incredible conversations with residents who have confided in me.  
3. I have been able to pray with so many residents in the last few days.  Small things.  Big things.  Everything.
4. In the moments when I have felt the weakest, God has sent me encouragement through His Word, notes of encouragement from friends, blogs, the most unlikely of places.
5. Wednesday night the girls who lived on Top Flight (my floor) last year came and "initiated" our residents this year.  They shared great stories, laughed a lot and prayed over mine and Eryn's (the other 4th floor RA) girls.  It was wonderful.
6. Last night we had our first family dinner and I had about 30 girls show up to go to dinner in the caf together!!!  I was so excited  :)  
7. During hall dinner, I was able to get the ENTIRE dining hall to sing "Happy Birthday" to one of my girls whose birthday was yesterday  :)
8. Last night while I was on duty, I got to talk with a couple residents and we all shared life stories (my fav).  It blew me away how we serve one God who is so intimately involved in each of our lives simultaneously.
9. This morning I got to go for a walk with Eryn and we shared life stories and talked.  I'm so excited to serve alongside her this year.  
10. Today I got to have lunch with one of my D-group girls from last year and hear about how her school year is going.
11. I'm getting better from being sick all week!  My energy is slowly coming back and I'm returning to a pretty normal schedule (I haven't needed to nap for 2 days now!!!).
12. My residents are absolutely the best.  These girls blow me away each and every day.  They are so encouraging, open, and wanting to seek the Lord together this year.  
What more could I ask for?

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." 
~James 1:17

0 comments:

Post a Comment