Monday, September 5, 2011

Good Times.

Well...this is my 100th blog post!!!  Pretty darn cool if you ask me  :)

This last week has just been one huge blessing altogether.  I've spent some quality time with my staff, and that has been amazing.  They are all wonderful and full of energy and such servants at heart.  We work well together, which is something that I have been praying for since I found out I was going to be an RA.  God is so faithful to answer prayers.  

This week has also been insanely busy!  We were preparing for move-in weekend and that involved lots of planning, decorating and sacrificing sleep.  Needless to say, it was all worth it and I would do it 100 times over.  Our residents started to arrive on Friday!  It was so much fun to finally put faces to names that I have been praying over for weeks now.  Friday and Saturday were both longggggg days.  We rotated between being in the lobby selling t-shirts, birthday cakes and sunglasses and being on our halls meeting residents and parents.  Saturday was our first football game and that was a blast!  We lost, but it was a good game and it was fun to be with 6,000+ people cheering on our guys.

Yesterday was much more of a "chill" day and last night was Good Times, an event put on by the Alpha Leaders on campus.  It's out on Adams field and it's just a bunch of hilarious skits back to back.  It's a great way to start off the year and a needed distraction for many freshmen as they said goodbye to their families yesterday.  After Good Times, I had a bunch of girls over to my room for a girlie movie: "A Cinderella Story."  I was blessed with lots of sweet girls in my room.  I cannot wait to get to know each and every one of them better.  

On Friday, our mascot, Freddy Cougar was walking the halls...so Abbs and I took a picture with him  :)

A glorious sunset before Good Times.  This was followed by a midwest style thunder and lightning storm.

Some of my residents! 

...more residents!

Eryn and me--Eryn is the other 4th floor RA.

One of my residents, Caitlin.  She's such a sweetheart.

Courtney and Katie (roomies on our hall).

Hangin out before Good Times!

This picture is blurry, but I really love it!

SOOOO many people came out for Good Times this year!

More lovely ladies  :)

Abbs and me.  I adore her.

You can see the sheets of rain if you look closely!  It was amazing.

After Good Times a handful of girls crashed my place for a movie--my favorite moment of being an RA so far  :)
Needless to say, I LOVE my residents.  They are simply the best.  I'm sure there will be lots more pictures to come.  

This week I would love it if you could be praying for a few things:
1. Lots of opportunities to connect with my residents.
2. My health.  I'm pretty under the weather right now.
3. Our all hall meeting tonight--that we would communicate effectively.
4. The hearts of my residents--that they would be full of joy and open to what God might be teaching them.
5. Rest for me.  In the midst of all this craziness, I really need to find time for me and usually that's the first thing to get tossed out the window  ;)
6.  For God to be glorified in me.  Really, at the end of the day, that's all I want.

"My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast!  I will sing and make melody!  Awake, my glory!  Awake, O harp and lyre!  I will awake the dawn!  I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to you among the nations.  For your steadfast love is great to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.  Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!  
Let your glory be over all the earth!"
~Psalm 57:7-11

0 comments:

Post a Comment