Saturday, September 3, 2011

Final Walkabout post :)

I realize that by now you are probably all sick of hearing about Walkabout, so I'll wrap it up and move on to other things.  I've kinda given you the run-down on the major things that happened on Walkabout and the rest of our trip was spent hiking out of the wilderness so the pictures are similar to the first half.

I figured it would be good to post some pictures of random fun experiences while we were out.  I had a crazy fun team and we always came up with something adventurous to do.  It was just grand.

The first day we got to camp, we all took a swim in the alpine lake water and it was...FREEZING.  As in, two weeks before this picture was taken, the lake was an ice-skating rink.

But...I survived!!!

And so did everyone else  :)

Sun bathing in the middle of the mountains!

Kelly fished a lot!  And he caught a few.  
They ate them while we were on solo.  Lame.

No big deal...just freezing some Snickers bars.

The boys did a wonderful job keeping our fire nice and warm.


Lots of cat naps on our stops  :)

The first night in camp, Shayna and I made a no-bake Cheesecake.  
Apparently it was delicious!

Roasting marshmallows was a fav.

So, I went to pick up my shirt one morning and this ant had bit my shirt and then somehow died in that position.  If you look closely, you can see it actually has my shirt in its mouth.  It was clamped down so hard that we had to cut the ant off.  What the heck?!

Hahaha.

We LIVED in mosquito nets.  The bugs were AWFUL this year.  At one point on solo I counted 23 mosquitos ON my mosquito net.  That doesn't even inlcude the other ones looking for a place to land.   Shayna described it best: "I felt like the last donut in a room full of hungry football players."

Back massages were a frequent happening in camp.

We went cliff jumping!!

And by "we," I mean "they."

The last night in the wilderness, the boys set up Chris's hammock over a river.  

SOOO cool!

This?  This is me exfoliating my face with sand from the river.  I was trying to help my sunburnt nose peel.  Haha.  

Gotta love it!

Grating cheese in the middle of the forest...no big deal.

Planking [of course].

This was our car on the ride home.  Self explanatory.

We all went out to Mongolian barbeque our first night back and then had 21 Choices frozen yogurt.

LOVE these people.

Walkabout taught me so many things.  These people taught me so many things.  God taught me so many things.  Walkabout grew me.  Walkabout changed me.  Walkabout was everything I needed.  

"For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.  He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken."  
~Psalm 62:1-2


0 comments:

Post a Comment