Tuesday, April 6, 2010

All around the world...really?

Paul to the church in Rome:
"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world."
~Romans 1:8

At first, I read over this thinking nothing of it. But, then I read it again. And again. I could hardly believe what I was reading. I thought back to Bible times--when there was no television, no radio, no twitter or facebook, no cell phones or texting. There was simply word of mouth, and messengers that travelled miles and miles to deliver news.

Paul says that the faith of this single church in Rome was known around the world! That is incredible! It wasn't something that could easily be recorded on video, and people could just flip on a news channel to get the "in." No...their faith was so great, that people everywhere found it worth talking about in their everyday conversation.

I wish my faith was like that. I wish that when people spent time around me, they would find my faith worth sharing with others. We are called to be die-hard followers of our Lord and Savior. He should be our first thought in the morning, and our last thought before bed. He should be our everything.

According to the Bible, the day that Jesus' name is heard all around the world is the day He is coming back for His disciples. Isn't this something worth talking about? Something worth updating your facebook status for? Something worth tweeting about?

Lord, may Your name be known all around the world.
And Lord, would it start with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment