Sunday, April 25, 2010

Birthday Blessings

Oh goodness! Today has been the most wonderful, blessed birthday in the history of Morgann Elizabeth Green.

Last night (April 23rd), we had out last "All Adams" event--meaning that a bunch of girls all hung out as a way of closing out this school year in community. We played games, looked at bridal magazines and watched movies! It was so much fun! Around 11:00pm, we all headed to Denny's down the road to have midnight pancakes! At exactly 12:00 midnight, all 40 girls began singing me "Happy Birthday" and made me stand up on a chair in the middle of the restaurant while they presented me with a yummy ice cream sundae! This was by FAR the best way to kick off my 19th year of life--surrounded by my wonderful friends that God has showered my life with.
Cat and I headed to be around 2am and woke up around 8:30 in the morning to get a head start on homework for the weekend! I decided to kick off the day with a little bit of exercise and time with my Lord. So, I went on a prayer walk! My time with the Lord was so sweet. I got to really give this year to Him, and dialogue with God about His plans, and my desires. What a precious time that was.

Then, I got to go to the baseball game (The Master's College vs. Azusa) at noon. Abbie's older sisters both have boyfriends that play for TMC, so here whole family was up today to watch the double-header. They are the most hilarious people ever--it was so much fun being around them! Her sweet parents took us all out to lunch and we celebrated my birthday with Baskin Robbins to follow! The weather was perfect for watching baseball--mid 70s and a slight breeze! What a blessing!

I headed back to my room for a short while just so that I could grab my things in enough time to head to Target to pick up some things--primarily storage containers for all my stuff I will be taking home for summer! Wow! I can't believe it's already time to start packing up!

On my way back to APU, I passed a homeless couple who looked to be about my age. I really felt the Lord tugging on my heart to stop. I was on my way to the store, but I promised myself that if they were still there when I drove back by, I would offer to take them to dinner. After my stop, I drove by and sure enough, they were there! I parked my car, got out and introduced myself--their names were Shane and Melissa, and they had a little dog named Heidi. They were so humble and polite, and accepted my offer for dinner. So, we walked back to my car and headed to Subway. I asked my incredible roomie, Cat, to meet us there, just in case something went wrong. So, we all got dinner and then proceeded to share a meal with these wonderful people. After learning their heart-wrenching story, and taking them back to the place where they sleep, Cat and I got to pray with them--a sweet, sweet moment. The best part of it all, is that we are picking them both up in the morning to go to church at CCV!!! How amazing! God works in awesome, mysterious ways. PLEASE be praying for them!
God is so good to us. It is incredible to me that the best birthday present I have ever received was given to me today. It wasn't from my parents, or my wonderful friends. It was from God Himself. Shane and Melissa are a gift and a blessing beyond measure already. This birthday was awesome, because I'm pretty sure that I got two new brothers and sisters in Christ out of it. How can I ask for anything more? Thank you God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment