Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dear Mommy

Dear Mom,

Today is your birthday and I really wish I was there to celebrate it with you.  I know you are going to go to church and be loved on by everyone, but I have to admit that I'm a little jealous that I didn't get to wake you up with a birthday hug and kiss  :)

Today I want to say thank you.  Thank you for your love for life and how evident it is in everything you do.  Thank you for showing me what it means to love God and serve others.  Thank you for loving our family with a selfless love--always putting our needs first and letting yours be last.  Thank you for raising your children in the knowledge of the Lord and teaching us to follow Him.  Thank you for loving Daddy always.  Thank you for your laughter and no matter how bad any day got, you always found a way to slip humor in somewhere.  Thank you for chasing bad guys with me...for real.  Thank you for still tucking me into bed even though I am 20  :)  Thank you for standing beside me through think and thin, for knowing when to stand up and fight my battles for me and when I need to learn to fight them myself.  Thank you for never ceasing to pray for me.
Thank you for loving me.

My prayer is that I love you back just as well and that someday I might be half the mom to my kids that you are to me.
Happy Birthday, Mommy.  I love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment