Tuesday, October 11, 2011

GYRAD

Saturday night was our first big hall event of the year.  The girls have been asking for a guy-girl event since the beginning of the year, so I finally agreed to it  :)

I decided to do GYRAD (Get Your Roommate A Date).  It's exactly what it sounds like.  haha.  Each of the girls goes out "hunting" for a date for her roomie.  It's pretty fantastic to overhear the conversations the week prior to this event.

For our GYRAD, we all went to the caf for dinner.  This eliminated the awkward "who pays?" situation that often arises on first dates.  After a [not so] delicious dinner, we all headed off to Huntington beach for a bonfire and hang time.  Once we got there, people kinda made up their own fun.  A bunch of people headed to the water and dipped their toes/bodies in (crazies), others grabbed the volleyball or frisbee and still others just hung out around the fire and had good conversations and s'mores.  It was great because for those who wanted to be "couple-y," the opportunity was there, but for those who were just going as friends, there were plenty of "non-couple-y" activities available [good planning on our part].

Here are a few pictures from our night:


Eryn (the other Top Flight RA) brought a Nacho Libre mask...so we thought,
 "Let's have everyone take pictures with it on!"  Why not, right?!

Nothing like toes on a cold beach and hands over a blazing fire.

My duty for the night??  Rationing the chocolate.

Eryn and her date  :) 

I LOVE the look on this guy's face.  The fire literally looks like it's attacking him!


So. Much. Fun.

Seriously, such a great event.  I just love seeing my girlies have fun and enjoy themselves.  Being an RA is the biggest blessing in my life.  I adore these girls.  Their joy inspires me.  Their vulnerability is humbling.  Their love for life is contagious.  Their laughter warms my heart.  Their faith in me and my Jesus is incredible.  

Often times I think, "I don't deserve ANY of this..." and the truth is...I don't.  But that's the beauty of it.  I don't deserve any of this and still my God continues to bless me through it.

The Bible says every good and perfect gift is from above.
And right now, I feel like I'm living in the clouds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment