Friday, October 21, 2011

I am

Man oh man, these last couple weeks have been absolutely crazy (hence the silence here on the bloggy-blog).  We are smack dab in the middle of midterms right now, swamped with deadlines.  I've come to terms with the fact that "busy" is the new "normal," however lately, I've been "busier" than normal  :)  It's incredible how far the Lord allows us to be stretched.  

In the midst of all this chaos, God has been teaching me so much about myself and who I am in Him.  Sometimes it's easiest to find who we are by defining who we're not.  There are so many things that are  only a part of who I am but not who I am.  The other day, Wonderfully Made had a beautiful post about a prayer of identity.  So, here's what mine looks like.

I am not a daughter, sister, granddaughter or mentor.
I am not a teacher to be.
I am not a student or an RA.
I am not compassionate, intelligent, discerning or passionate. 
I am not impatient, prideful, doubtful or fearful.
I am a sinner clothed fully in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, destined for eternity with Him.

What does your prayer of identity look like?
I am not (my relationships)
I am not (my training/degree)
I am not (my job)
I am not (my gifts/talents)
I am not (my failures)
I am...

Who are you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment