Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just that kind of day

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day.  Abbie studied lots, I had a couple classes in the morning, a Mexico Outreach leader interview and a one-on-one with one of my lovely residents in the afternoon.  When I came home, this is what I saw...
Abbs was so tuckered out, crashed on the couch  :)

Yesterday afternoon, the cloud cover moved in and settled against the hills.  
I could smell the rain coming.

My heart leaped with joy when I woke up to see wet sidewalks, 
flooded parking lots and lawns turned into marshes.  It was like a little piece of home that I so desperately needed.  

When it rains in California, it pours. APU quickly begins to resemble a ghost town.  I kinda like the quiet.  It gives me time to think and pray and listen to the sound of the rain.

And what would a rainy California day be without boots?!  
These lovelies are getting worn for the first time this school year.  

Today I am thanking the Lord for little things in life: a zonked-out roomie who brought a smile to my face, a solid sleep last night, beautiful brown cowgirl-esque boots, the sound of cars driving through the flooded streets of Azusa and the smell of rain that will always remind me of home.  It's in these little things that I see my big God.  And my God is very, very, good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment