Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rest for my soul



This weekend Abbie and I are spending time in Simi Valley with her family.
Home-cooked dinners, early bedtimes, late wake-up calls, comfy beds,
garage sale-ing, lazy afternoons, frozen yogurt.  Yes please.

I am praising the Lord for an incredible roommate to spend this time with.  I am praising the Lord because He is so faithful to give me rest in the midst of my crazy life (that I love, I might add).  This is the kind of rejuvenation that only comes from the Giver of Life itself.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  ~Matthew 11:28-31


Do you need for rest for your soul?
Run to Jesus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment