Sunday, August 7, 2011

5am

Well people...
tomorrow morning at 5am I will be leaving for 11 days in the wilderness.

My week will be full of firsts:
1. Two full days of [legit] rock climbing
2. Carrying a 45 pound pack for 11 days
3. Sleeping in a sleeping bag under the stars every night
4. Making two pairs of underwear last for 11 days (ohmygoodness)
5. Making two pairs of socks last for 11 days
6. Making two pairs of shorts last for 11 days
7. Are you getting the picture????
8. No electronics whatsoever for the entire time (YAY!!)
9. Using a map and compass to find my bearings
10. Pumping alpine water out of streams/lakes and filtering it into my Nalgene
11. Going on an adventure with 11 people I don't know very well at all
12. Spending 48 hours with only water, my sleeping bag, my Bible and my journal
13. Enjoying God's creation and being satisfied in Him alone

Please be praying for safety for all the teams, a spirit of unity within the teams, good nutrition/hydration and for God alone to be glorified!

I'll have lots of stories/pictures to share when I get back  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment