Sunday, August 28, 2011

Walkabout: Days 2 & 3

I just got done editing a total of 582 photos from Walkabout, so be expecting some picture updates in the next few days  :)  It took me forever, but slowly and surely I'm DONEZO.  Thank the Lord!!!

Today, I'll just share some pictures from our hike to Joe Crane Lake (our final destination).  I had lots of favorites on this trip, but one of my favorite things about Walkabout was just the hiking part of it.  Here are some things I loved about hiking:
1. I got to talk to different people over the course of our hike.  We never hiked in a specific order, so after each stop/water break, I would usually be by someone new and we would swap funny stories, learn about each others' families and just have fun.
2. When we got to a really hard part of the trail, everyone would just start encouraging one another.  There were constant shouts of "Great job!", "Keep it up!", "You can do it!!!", "We're almost there!".  It was so great to be on a team of encouragers.  It made the tough parts so much easier.
3. The SCENERY was absolutely stunning.  I'm kinda bummed because we had to keep so focused on our footing on the trail that I think we missed a lot of beauty around us!  But, when we did get a chance to stop and look around, the creativity of our God just stunned us.
4. We saw 2 bears.  End. Of. Story.
5. There is something that feels so good about carrying a really heavy pack around for miles and miles in the wilderness.  At the end of each day, there was such a sense of accomplishment.

And now for some hiking pictures!

All of our packs loaded into the van!

 Ready for adventure  :)





A beautiful pit stop along the way.

See that handy dandy walking stick of mine?
My wonderful grandpa made it for me!!!  Isn't that awesome?!

That jagged region of mountains is called the Minnerets.  They're amazing!





Do you see what I see????







I adore this group of people.

Who wouldn't want to hike through this?!

Ahhhh.  This makes me want to go back!

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and his divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." 
~Romans 1:20

0 comments:

Post a Comment