Saturday, August 6, 2011

Driving for days...

Hello all!  Today was a little bit of an early morning because the gorgeous sun came streaming through my window at 6am  :)  Needless to say, I will be purchasing some curtains today.  Thankfully, it gave me some much needed extra quiet time with God this morning.  

I figured I'd give you an update on my life this last week  :)  It's been craziness, but SO. MUCH. FUN!!!

These pictures are from our drive down.  We left on Tuesday, stayed with friends in Sacramento on Tuesday night and then arrived in Azusa on Wednesday mid-day.  Later, I will post pictures of my time in Azusa with Dad...and of course, pictures of my dorm  :)

Our drive was b-e-a-utiful!!!

Snacks for the road included rice cakes, zone bars, 
apples, bananas and oj for the padre  :)

Daddy-o and me!  We had a blast!

First stop: Sacramento with friends.

 Stunning Mt. Shasta!  One of my favorite sightings on the drive.

I am thankful for quality time with my dad, a beautiful drive down, wonderful weather when we arrived, an amazing school to be at this year and new friends to be made.  God has given me this amazing sense of peace since I've been here.  He is so ever-present and available to those who call on His name.

One of the many encouragements I got from the Word this morning:
"For this very reason, make every efforts to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.  For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."  1 Peter 1:5-8

Lord, make me effective and fruitful for Your kingdom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment