Sunday, August 21, 2011

Walkabout: debrief #1

Well, as you all probably know, I am [home] safe!  My trip backpacking was absolutely amazing.  There is so much to say and I hardly have the words to say it.  This will be the first of multiple posts about Walkabout.  Right now, I'm still processing everything that God taught me in the wilderness and I'm happy to share bits and pieces of that with you as God leads me  :)

For now, I will stick with a general overview of the logistics of everything.
Day 1 Highlights
-4am wake up
-5am pull out of APU
-7 hour car ride to the Ansel Adams Wilderness
-legit rock climbing
-sleeping under the stars with NO smog :)

Day 2 Highlights
-530am wake up
-legit repelling over a cliff
-beginning of our hike into the wilderness (about 3 miles)
-sleeping on a HUGE rock slab nicknamed "The Hilton"

Day 3 Highlights
-hiking. all. day. (8 miles)
-arriving at our destination, Joe Crane Lake
-an INTENSE uphill climb (1 mile)
-my back held up the WHOLE hike!!!
-hilarious campfire stories  :)

Day 4 Highlights
-summitting Post Peak (11,000 feet)
-sharing my life story with the team
-NOT carrying our backpacks!

Day 5&6 Highlights
-SOLO time (more on this later)

Day 7 Highlights
-seeing my teammates for the first time in 48 hours!
-relaxing and resting up for the hike out

Day 8 Highlights
-hiking out to "The Hilton"
-spending the night with just my teammates (no guides)

Day 9 Highlights
-arriving at Isberg trailhead
-last day of hiking!!
-cooking dinner as a team (potato pancakes)
-making up a recipe for dessert

Day 10 Highlights
-being picked up by Shino (one of our guides)
-arriving at Soquel Ranch (more later)
-running to finish of the trip
-campfire time
-team skits
-Agape service (more later
-WARMTH while sleeping  :)

Day 11 Highlights
-heading home
-car ride with my team
-dinner with my team at Mongolian Barbeque
-dessert at 21 Choices
-MY BED

I realize this is a very vague overview, but I figure it's better than nothing  :)  I will be posting more as the week goes on.  I have LOTS of pictures to share, but I'm waiting to get a complete set from my teammates so I can share more than just the ones I took (so please look forward to that).






Thank you for all of your prayers as I was gone.  The Lord was so in everything that happened.  He is so good and faithful to His word.  I am still in awe of how He showed up and I can't wait to share it with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment