Sunday, August 7, 2011

prep, packs and bears??? WHAT?!

I realized that I haven't posted a picture of my staff here in Engstrom.  They are absolutely WONDERFUL.  I'm so looking forward to working with each and every one of them.  This picture is missing one staff member who gets here today (Paul Cook), so I'll post an updated staff pic once we're all here  :)

L to R: Katie, Paul Jackson, Margaret, me, Natalie, Carissa, Eryn, Anneke

 So yesterday was a big day of Walk-about prep!  We met our teams, got a little briefing on different skills we are going to need in the wilderness and just got to know some new people!

I like how this picture is blurred.  It kinda captures my brain about now  ;)

This is us getting fitted for our packs.  They are HUGE.

This is one of the RDs teaching us all about how to come up with 
creative ways to cook our food.  This table is food for 14 people for 
8 days in the wilderness...crazy, huh?

These?  These are bear cans.  Yes people...BEAR CANS.  These house our food so that we don't get attacked.  Hmmmm.

We had a rotation where we learned about orienteering!  It was so cool to learn how to use a map and compass and find exactly where we are on the map and how to get to anywhere else on the map.

These are some of my Walk-about team members.
 L to R: Christina, Christopher, Sean

And this?  This is what happens in RezLife.  Someone took my camera and took pictures of random people.  I don't know this guy, but I'm sure I'll meet him at some point.  Hahaha.

I hope you have a blessed Sunday--the Lord's day!  
I'm off to chapel with the other RezLife staff and then we are packing our packs today!

Remember that this is the day the Lord has made--rejoice and be glad in it  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment