Thursday, August 4, 2011

worrying about worrying?

As you can see, I changed up the look of my blog  :)  I love it  :)  These are the colors of my dorm this year, so I found it rather fitting.  Just thought I'd share that with you!

This morning I was reading 1 Peter and it absolutely kicked my bootay.

"Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for 'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.'  Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.  Be sober-minded; be watchful.  Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.  Resist him, firm in your faith knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.  And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.  To him be the dominion forever and ever.  Amen." 1 Peter 5:5-11

Can I get an AMEN??!!

The truth is, I am such a proud person.  I worry all the time about what others will think of what I wear, how I look, how clean my room is, how spotless my car is, how often I read my Bible, how smart I am...the list goes on.  And because I am so concerned about all of these trivial things, I find myself anxious more often than not.

The Bible tells me to be humble--to not be concerned about those things because they don't matter.  And to be diligent in giving those worries to my loving Father.  The Bible says to be most concerned not with those trivial things, but with watching out for the traps that the Devil has set out for me.  It's not that I shouldn't be worried, it's just that I need to be worried about the right kinds of things.  AMAZING!!

And then, get this, God promises that I only have to worry for a little while because He is so full of grace that He will build me back up!!!  He will establish me in Himself so that I will not be shaken.

Our God is so great.  He is so faithful to uphold us in our weakest times.  Be encouraged today!  If you are worrying about the wrong kinds of things, let them go.  They are not your responsibility--they're God's.  Instead, guard your heart and your mind against the wiles of the Devil.  Stand firm in your faith and know that God is the One who is holding you together.  And He will never be shaken.

Love you all,

0 comments:

Post a Comment