Monday, August 29, 2011

Walkabout: day 3

I'm just on a blogging role!  haha.  Now that all my pictures are edited, I'm much more inclined to sit at my computer and blog.  Thank the Lord for technology  :)

This post will cover the last stretch of our hike to Joe Crane Lake.  We spent half of day 3 hiking to our destination and it was one of the most challenging things I've ever done.  We climbed about 2,000 feet in elevation in one day.  That was a LOT for my body to take in.  Needless to say, we all made it and much enjoyed the view at the top...
This sign was at the bottom of an ENORMOUS hill that we had to climb before we arrived.
(And by "ENORMOUS," I mean like a mile up...)

umm....hello, gorgeous.









panoramic view.








Joe Crane Lake is situated in the middle of a HUGE granite bowl.  All those mountains that you can see are pure granite.  We hiked around (more to come on that later) and it was crazy to think that we were standing on billions of dollars worth of natural granite.  

I'm sure you can imagine that all of the hiking and physical work prior to this sight was all worth it once we saw the destination God had for us.  I was so blessed to spend 5 days taking in this beauty around me.  It's simply astounding.

"For you, O LORD have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy."
-Psalm 92:4

0 comments:

Post a Comment