Friday, May 25, 2012

Organized chaos :)

The last few days have been a whirlwind!  I haven't even had a chance to write a prayer update, but the Lord has allowed me a little bit of down time this evening to keep you all in the loop.

Praise reports:
1. Yesterday, 3 boys decided to make Jesus Christ their Lord and Savior!  Praise God!
2. We have been able to share the gospel and minister to over 175 kids!  This is what Juca does on a weekly basis.  It's absolutely incredible.
3. So far, no injuries and my health is holding up pretty well!
4. On Wednesday night, I had the blessing of cooking for the Cerpe family and some of Rose's extended family.  They requested tacos (they don't have them in Brazil) and I gladly prepared food for an army!  
5. We were supposed to have soccer ministry this morning, but it was pouring down rain and so we had to cancel...but the Lord opened up a door for me to be in the school today even though we had not originally agreed on it!  So fun!  I also go to help in the 1st grade class today for a little while  :)
6. I get to stay with a family next week for four days!  No one speaks English and I am so excited to be fully immersed in the culture.  I met Sane (Sunny) at soccer ministry yesterday.  She is a pastor's wife.  It the first time that this family has offered to host for YMI!  I am so excited.  They have three children and I am going to babysit for them one of the nights that I'm living there so that the parents can have a date night.  God is so good!

Prayer requests:
1. Please continue praying for Rose's mother.  She is still in ICU, but has been moved to an isolation room because she has contracted a highly destructive bacterial infection.  She is still being sustained by a feeding tube and an oxygen machine.
2. Please continue to pray for the Gospel to be preached and well received.  Pray that God is glorified and that His name is praised!
3. Pray for rest for Juca and his family this weekend.  They have been going nonstop and I know that everyone really needs some down time.

Once again, thank you for your prayers.  Thank you for your encouragement.  I wish I had time to respond to everyone, but God has kept me pretty busy here.  Please know that I read every comment on my blog and facebook page and on pictures.  Each time I get to hear from one of you, it brings a smile to my face.  

Love you all!

1 comments:

Taylor said...

Morgann! It looks like you are having a FANTASTIC time and that God is doing SO much :) I'm praying for you and cannot wait to hear about it when you return! Keep living for Him every day girl :)

Post a Comment