Monday, May 28, 2012

Time to breathe!

Once again, life has been crazy here and this is the first time I've had a chance to update!

Praise reports:
1. Against all odds, Rose's mom has come out of the coma.  The doctor says that physiologically she is doing better, but mentally, she is still really out of it.  Nonetheless, it seems that the antibiotics are working and the outcome is looking a little bit more hopeful!
2. This weekend was filled with family time!  We played Xbox Kinect on Friday night and it was so much fun  :)  
3. I had the incredible opportunity of going into the city and seeing "downtown."  I got to ride the bus in (with Juca, of course) and then take a mototaxi back!  There were moments of nervousness, but overall, it was wonderful!
4. Tonight I got to play soccer with a bunch of girls close to my age from church.  I got to share my testimony and hopefully encourage some believers.
5. Tomorrow night I get to go to my first official soccer game!  Yayyyy!
6. I am thoroughly enjoying my time helping at the school.  The kids are so much fun and Julia has been so great at letting me participate, teach and be involved  :)

Prayer requests:
1. Continued to prayer for Rose's mom.  God is healing her as we speak, but she still has a long way to go before being "healthy".
2. Prayer for health for me...I am around little kids all day every day and they are walking germs!  Lots of sickness is going around right now (it's winter here).  So far, my immune system is holding up well!
3. Pray that I would be sleeping well at night.  The last few nights have not been very restful and it is making the days a lot harder to get through.
4. Pray for God to be glorified, for unbelievers to come to know Christ and for believers to be encouraged!
5. Please continue to pray for Juca and his family.  Their ministry here stretches far beyond the boarders of Atibaia.  God has anointed this man for this purpose and it is our call to pray for him.  

Sorry this is short...hopefully I'll have time to update again soon!  To see pictures of ministry sites and other happenings in Brasil, check my album on facebook  :)  It is much slower to upload them to the blog from Brasil :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment