Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Smile...God is working :)

It's been a couple days since I have posted, but that doesn't mean God hasn't been working  :)  I've just been busy with the family and taking advantage of every opportunity I have to do life with them.  Here's a quick update (as usual):

Praise reports:
1. The Lord allowed me to share my testimony and encourage believers at a small church in Atibaia on Sunday morning.
2. I was able to join the family at their normal church on Sunday evening--I was even able to understand most of it, thanks to the notes on the screen (Portuguese looks similar to Spanish on paper).
3. After church, the Lord allowed me to go to dinner with Julia, Abner and their friends at Subway (yes, they even have Subway in Brazil...)
4. Yesterday, God gave me favor with the preschool director at the school Julia and Abner teach at, and I will be helping out every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 8 to 5!!!  The kids are adorable and I love helping them learn English.  
5. Today, I am headed to the school once again and Julia and I get to play futsol with some older girls after school.  I'm praying for a ministry of encouragement to take place tonight.
6. I woke up to my alarm this morning and I had slept through the ENTIRE NIGHT without waking up!  That's the first time this has happened in over 2 weeks.  Thank you, Jesus!!!

Prayer requests:
1. Please continue praying for Rose's mom.  She is in ICU and now has pneumonia.  
2. Please pray that tonight, the girls are encouraged if I get to share my testimony and that their hearts are open to hear what God has to say.
3. Pray for Juca and YMI Brazil.  He has his hands full with ministry and the Lord continues to give Him strength.  Pray for wisdom for him and a spirit of joy even in tough family circumstances.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Our God is a mighty God and He loves YOU just as much as He does the people of Brazil.  

My challenge to you today is to consider who God has put in your life to minister to...maybe your spouse, children, friend, co-worker, boyfriend/girlfriend.  Don't take that lightly!  Be ready to serve wherever you are in whatever capacity God has given you  :)  

0 comments:

Post a Comment