Tuesday, March 9, 2010

All I'm living for

Today has been a day of blessing! As I learn more and more how to give God control of every detail of my life, everything seems to run a whole lot smoother! It's amazing how God can take a very hectic week and turn it into an enjoyable experience.

Today I got up early in the morning, so that I could get caught up on my online class. Though I was not so happy at the sound of my alarm this morning, the Lord blessed my time and allowed me to get everything done that I had hoped to get done. What a relief!


I proceeded to Health Class, where I had the joy of listening to my professor and his wife of 11 years speak to us on the topic of dating relationships and marriage. It was so cool to see their love for each other and how they have fostered that within their relationship. They have 5 children, complete with twins just a few weeks old. They shared about the strategies they use to help them grow individually and together, as a couple. It was fun, but so enlightening to hear their insights. I am thankful for wiser, more experienced people than me!

They gave us a handout at the beginning of class, and at the bottom of the handout was this verse:

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
~Colossians 3:12-17

When I read this, I couldn't help but pray this prayer for myself. I pray that someday, I might be this kind of person. One who is "clothed with compassion, humility, gentleness and patience." One for is ready to forgive. One who is thankful. One who dwells on the word of God. One who does all things for God's glory.


Who are you living for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment