Sunday, March 7, 2010

God is GOOD

Sometimes I think I forget simply how good God is. It is so easy to get caught up in the fast-paced world that I have created for myself. No one has imposed it on me, I have simply chosen to follow the crowd. I wonder what life would look like if I really took God's word seriously--

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations.
I will be exalted in the earth."
~Psalm 46:10

I have found that one of my biggest battles with sin is not taking time to be still. This week has been so insanely crazy! It started with an unexpected hospital visit and surgery, and it has ended with me looking back and saying, "Where has the time gone?!" I can only humbly apologize to my Lord, admitting my faults and praying that He would overwhelm me with forgiveness.

This blog is my attempt to be still. My hope and prayer is that it would keep me thinking all the time about the great joy it is to be a part of God's kingdom. I pray that I might begin to get little glimpses of His majesty in the everyday events of life, and that maybe, it would change the way I live. I want to be a radical disciple of Jesus Christ. Wholly His, and His alone.

Maybe you find yourself in a place of busyness--"to-do lists," homework, chores, house cleaning, meal-making, work, travel or anything else. May this blog be an encouragement to you. In the midst of it all, our Almighty Father is near. Take time to be still. Take time to be quiet and honest. Take time to spend the the Creator. And I promise, He will take time for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment