Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A heavy heart

My heart is heavy, and I ask you to join me in prayer for some dear friends of mine.

First, please pray for my friend Shelby, who had brain surgery yesterday around noon. She is doing well, but has a long road of recovery ahead of her. The surgery went as planned, and the doctor is hopeful about her being able to return to a normal life after she heals. She is a senior in high school this year, so pray that she will be able to finish this school year strong. I praise God for his timing, because I get to go home Friday and I will be able to visit her in the hospital while I'm home for break. What a blessing! I will post more as I get updates.

Also, please pray for the Wright family. I found out this morning that these family friends unexpectedly lost a close relative due to an unexpected heart attack. I can't imagine the grief and pain that they are going through as they figure out how to deal with this loss. Please pray for peace in their family, and that God would be ever-present in their situation.

Thank you for joining with me, as we lift up the hurting people within the Body of Christ. We are one body and when one part hurts, we all should too--and we should do our best to make life a little easier for them, even if only by trusting that our prayers will be answered.


0 comments:

Post a Comment