Monday, March 22, 2010

Praying for healing

God is faithful to teach and reveal himself to those who seek him! Today has been a day of struggle for me. As I wait for my body to fight off a systemic infection of Hepatitis A, one of the major side effects is that I am chronically tired. No matter how early I go to bed, how I sleep at night, at about 2 in the afternoon, I get hit with a brick wall, barely able to keep my eyes open. I got so incredibly frustrated today! This last weekend, I purposely made sure to be in bed early and eat healthy foods, yet Monday rolled over me like a Mack truck!

As I lied down to take a nap this afternoon, I kept asking God, "Please heal me, so I can go back to normal living. I just want to be able to get through the day without being exhausted half-way through!"
Right now, I'm reading through the book of Mark in preparation for Easter. It's good to be reminded of the miraculous things that Jesus did in his time here on earth.

"As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. Simon's mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they told Jesus about her. So he went to her took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them."
~Mark 1:29-31

I was so convicted! I should not be praying for my healing so that I can get back to my routine! I should be praying for healing so that I may serve others. I want to be the kind of woman that Simon's mother-in-law was. Her first action after being taken off her death bed, was to serve others! Wow! What an amazing example of what it means to be a servant--holy and humble.

You know, I honestly don't fully understand what God is doing with my life right now. I really don't. But, I'm learning to be okay with that. He is teaching me so much! And he's faithful to continue shaping me into the woman of God that he has called me to be.

Proverbs 31 speaks of a woman of the Lord in this manner, "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."
This is my "modified prayer." No longer do I want to get better for my own good, but I pray that God might heal me so that I may continue to serve others to the fullest. I praise God for being faithful and full of grace and mercy to His children. It's amazing to learn from the best teacher of all, and know that He rejoices when we finally learn what's He's been trying to teach us all along!

0 comments:

Post a Comment