Monday, March 22, 2010

Updates

What a blessing it is to be involved in a LIFEgroup!

Yesterday, I got to hang out with some incredible high school girls after church! It's so great to be able to come together before the start of another week, and really take time to study God's word. Our topic this week was "The Work of the Holy Spirit." We talked about how the Holy Spirit works through the Body of Christ.

This week our challenge was 1. to identify a situation in which we normally struggle to do the right thing (a person, relationship, thought, etc.), and choose to respond to it in a godly way. For example, if there is a person in our life that absolutely drives us bonkers, instead of just ignore them, we would choose to do something nice for them. The second thing we were challenged to do was to memorize a verse that is convicting in the area that we are struggling with. Often, when we only memorize encouraging scripture, but we never memorize scripture that will come to mind when we are sinning.

SO, we'll see how it goes! I'm hoping a praying that this week God will work in our hearts!

Please be praying for:
-Me to be able to get caught up on school work before Spring break
-My LIFEgroup girls to really take this week's challenge to heart
-My professors to have mercy on me as I get my assignments turned in (I'm still catching up from surgery!)
-Time to study for my biology exam on Wednesday!
-Safe travels home from Saudi Arabia for my daddy :)
-Energy for me (I'm really struggling to stay physically strong)

Praises:
-Only 4 more days til I get home!!!!!!
-I made it through my last hard week of school (last week)
-God is continuing to heal me from surgery
-Matthew is picking me up from the airport on Friday!!! Yayyy!!

Alrighty, I think that's it for now. I thank you for your prayers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment